Here's What You Need to Know About Installation and Care
Each Block DockTM soap dish comes with a PVC suction cup. The Block DockTM soap dish stands upright on any flat surface and does its best ‘no-mess’ work when side-mounted on smooth surfaces by suction.
It WILL adhere to glass, acrylic, vitreous china, steel, most smooth tiles, and mirror. It will NOT adhere to textured tiles, paint and other porous surfaces because the suction cup cannot form the vacuum it needs to work. If your glass has been coated with water stain protectant, it may not suction there either.
- Locate your Block DockTM soap dish outside of direct water spray to prolong the life of your bar. Use your bar straight onto your wet hair or body. It doesn’t need extra time under water. Excess moisture will drain straight away when your bar is back in the Block DockTM.
- In basins and sinks it’s a good idea to suction it to the inside the bowl, though outside of the direct spray of the water. This keeps your surfaces clear and lessens cleaning time. Bonus!
- Clean the surface you want the Block DockTM soap dish to adhere to (use isopropyl alcohol if water alone is not enough).
- Wet the back of the suction cup with water and press hard on the centre ‘head’ where you want it to stay.
- Slip your Block DockTM over the head, pulling it down to fit tight in the top of the keyhole.
- Add your bar and you’re done!
If your suction isn’t strong straight away, or it stays for a while then falls, leave some time between each of the steps and see. Overnight is ideal.
- If your bar is extra long or especially heavy, cut it into pieces for use. If it’s not sitting comfortably at first, angle it with the top towards the back and the bottom towards the front of the Block DockTM.
- When you want to change the location simply lift the small tag and the suction will break.
IF YOUR SURFACE WON’T STICK
- Suction to the nearest glass surface or stand upright on a shelf.
- Use the two multipurpose holes in the back of the Block DockTM soap dish to thread a cable tie (best option for a tight fit), stainless wire, twist tie or similar through. Then tie tight around the shower rail or other fixture.
- Hang via a shower curtain hook or a loop through the keyhole and around a fitting.
- Try a 3M wet/dry strip or 3M outdoor tape.
- If your surface allows it, install with flat-head screws.
When needed, wipe the Block DockTM clean with your finger while showering. Cloth dry completely from time to time.
If you have a Shower Dome be sure to give your bars some time in fresh air outside the shower every few days. If your bar has gone soft it needs time out. The Block DockTM soap dish will adhere to the outside of your shower or stand on the flat in a ventilated area. Your bars will last much longer if you do this.
Your efforts to reduce plastic waste by switching out all your bathing and beauty products in bottles to replacements in solid bars are absolutely worth it.
Think of the plastic waste you will save from production and from our oceans and landscapes over your lifetime. It’s A LOT. All from a simple swap to the Block DockTM.
Plus there’s all the water that is saved from not using bottled products which are often almost completely filled with it!
Designed to dry bars fast so they last, the Block DockTM soap dish will deliver more value from every bar you store in it. Saving you money and mess! Buy it once and use it forever.
I created the Block DockTM to make switching from bottles to bars easy and rewarding for you (and me) and I’d love to know how you go.
Please visit leave a review or share a photo on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram: @theblockdock
Here’s to the health of our planet and to never suffering soggy soap again!